2008-06-11

Just finished watching ef - a tale of memories ^_^

So, last night I was up completing ef - a tale of memories...
It's quite deep for being based on a eroge (or two actually)
touching topics such as:
what defines personality
what is love (a quite obvious topic, but anyway)
what is a dream
how far should one go to keep the image of love

The characters though being very eroge-ish had quite a lot of depth to:
(though I won't go into it too deeply, so that I don't spoil it)

Hiro Hirono
A student who is trying to make it as a mangaka, main character of the main storyline. He's quite a laidback character who takes every day as it comes.

Miyako Miyamura
A very carefree character with a dark past... a typical case of depressed person trying to hide it by putting on a mask of happiness.

Kei Shindō
Childhood friend of Hiro, with a bad case of jealousy, one of the few anime characters I've seriously wanted to kill... by strangling her with her own spine.

Renji Asō
Main character of the second storyline, a very caring person with big ideals.
(and a hairdo that reminds me of Chiaki from minami-ke XD)

Chihiro Shindō
Main female character of the second storyline, she's Keis twin and due to a tragic accident (cased by Kei I might add) have chosen to isolate herself from the world... Until she meets Renji that is...
This is my favorite character in the series BTW ^_^

Kyōsuke Tsutsumi
A player and talented photographer, who's searching to capture the fleeting moments of emotions, so that they won't fade away.

I really liked this anime, and even though it's a very obvious eroge adaption, it has several elements that separates it from the bunch, mainly the artistic touches and the psychologic/philosophic elements
RATING: 9/10

Since it's the best anime based on eroges I've ever seen

5 comments:

Sandbar said...

Hey, an intriguing entry Jesling, man! I will have to follow it up. Ever since I saw a cool desktop wallpaper of Ef - tale of memories someone posted on AP, I always wanted to find out more about it. 9/10 - sounds like a good one then?

And I only found out what eroge meant about a week ago. I'm really fascinated by this one. lol

NomadicWriter said...

ooh, I've heard of ef heaps of times, and Its on my to watch list! its nice to see that someone else liked it.
and what about fate/stay night? it was based off an eroge, what you think of that? lol.

rektor5 said...

nice :D

Jensling said...

@sandbar, you definitly should, since it's really good :D

@nomadicwriter, I haven't seen Fate/Stay night more than one or two episodes, so I don't really know :P

KnoxSe7eN said...

Well I am going to check this one out. Thanks for the info :D